Alignment is when everyone is on the same page and rowing the boat in the same direction. Contributions of your people, resources, planning, and processes are all in sync and focused on what truly matters. Organizational alignment works through setting objectives that are aligned up and down the organization and this will increase everyone’s performance and your company’s results. Alignment enables your company to achieve a far higher level of performance because the contributions of your people, resources, planning, and processes are focused on driving measurable objectives. As a result, you’ll minimize wasted time not focusing on the right things, misdirection of effort, and misallocation of resources because everyone is working in sync towards what truly matters to drive the business forward. Alignment will increase everyone’s performance and your company’s results. Unfortunately, misalignment is typically one of the top reasons why companies fail.
Organizational alignment ensures that employees are making progress towards what truly matters to the company:
Only 29% of employees are able to correctly identify their company’s strategy when presented with six possible choices.
62% of employers say that managers spend insufficient time helping employees set goals.
While 84% of managers say they can rely on their boss and their direct reports all or most of the time, only 9% of say they can rely on colleagues in other functions and units all the time, and just half say they can rely on them most of the time.
Typical Business Challenges:
- The CEO and the executive team are the only ones who are truly aligned because they are the minority who understand the real priorities. However, there is a lot of misalignment throughout the rest of your organization
- Most of your company’s employees don’t clearly understand your top objectives or your strategy clearly. As a result, your employees do not feel connected to the company’s mission or top priorities because they don’t see how their individual work relates to the strategy.
- The original objectives set at the top start to mutate as they are passed down the organization through layers of management, losing clarity and coherence at each level.
- Creating your strategic plan is too time-consuming or too complicated, and most of your employees do not even take the time to read it and don’t feel connected to it.
Results you can expect when you deploy Atiim to support Organizational Alignment:
- Create Focus: With clarity of the top priorities, you’ll avoid wasted time and effort from misalignment because everyone’s effort will be on the same important objectives.
- Ensure Alignment: Continuously ensure that everyone’s efforts are aligned to what matters most to the business. Help all teams and individuals understand how their work relates to the overall company’s priorities.
- Increase Employee Engagement: Clarity and understanding of the top priorities, as well as the ability to stay connected to the company’s mission will result in a more engaged workforce.
- Drive Connection: Employees will feel connected to the company’s mission and top priorities, and ensure that they know what is expected of them to help the company achieve those priorities.