In his 2018 NY Times bestseller, “Measure What Matters,” John Doerr relates that as the OKR (Objectives and Key Results) methodology continues to gain popularity, more companies are, “adopting dedicated, cloud-based OKR management software.”
He then sites several features of best-in-class OKR software, such as automated prompts, analytics, real-time alerts, and integrations with other third-party applications.
In this article, we’ll explain the benefits of one such integration and detail the ease of installing and linking Slack with our Atiim OKR platform. If your company uses Slack for the majority of your communications, you’ll be happy to learn that we at Atiim OKR Software have built a Slack integration.
Why Integrate with Slack
Many companies and employees have gravitated away from email to Slack for the majority of their communications. The application is known for its ability to manage and organize conversations, share files and documents, have direct communication, and integrate with other processes and software.
The Atiim/Slack integration allows you to manage OKRs at scale without requiring your employees to leave the site where they do most of their work.
The Atiim Slack integration makes communication easier by enabling you to monitor and update your OKRs without having to leave the Slack app. The app will send you:
- Notifications regarding Objectives and Key Results assigned to you
- Automated Check-In reminders at an established cadence to allow you to update your goal performance
- Notify you of comments or reviews of your Check-Ins from others in your organization
How to install Slack in Just Minutes
The Slack app can be installed in Settings > Integrations | Slack. Click the “Add to Slack” button, select which channel you want your messages posted to and choose the notifications you wish to receive from the list of available notifications.
It really is that easy to install and use.
Additional Features of best in Class OKR Software Platforms
Other key features to consider and research when performing your due diligence for an OKR software provider:
- Goal Alignment Charts which allow you to view how your corporate initiatives cascade to departments and teams
- Vertical and Horizontal visibility of goals. This feature provides a line of sight for everyone to see OKRs throughout the organization
- Engagement Reports to provide OKR admins with information relative to Check-In compliance. Are employees completing Check-Ins, and, are managers reading and responding
- Standard and Customized Reporting, such as a Monday Morning Reports for senior leadership to monitor weekly progress
- A Customer Success Manager to assist in the onboarding process, setting initial top corporate objectives, and employee training and education
We hope this short article has helped you to understand the importance of OKR software integrations as well as the other differences in goal setting software providers. Feel free to reach out to us with any further questions at Atiim.com.
Do you manage a company or teams (either as a CEO, a senior executive, or middle manager)? Do you set and track objectives? Does aligning employee performance to business goals matter, and are you responsible for driving results? If so, please check out a live demo of Atiim OKR & Goals Management Software and we’d love to hear what you think about it. Thank you!