In the past few years, increasingly more companies have been using OKR goals to align everyone internally to what matters and to achieve much better performance and results.
You may be wondering why OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) are becoming so mainstream – in other words, why companies like Google, Oracle, Twitter, and some of the world’s other top-performing companies are using them…
What Makes OKRs So Effective?
The reason they are the most popular goal-setting methodology today for so many companies is simple:
OKR goals align everyone at your company to your top company goals and thus focus your collective effort on what truly matters so that you can achieve the top goals.
OKRs make goals possible by breaking them down. To get a better idea of what an OKR looks like, take a look at the example below:
Grow Our Global Business
- Hit our global sales target of $100M in sales
- Achieve 100% year-to-year sales growth in the EMEA geography
- Increase the average deal size by 30% with upsells
As you can see, the key results support the objective by making clear exactly what must be achieved, but they are also measurements, which are useful for creating focus and driving accelerated outcomes.
What Are Some Advantages of OKRs?
Here are just a few core advantages you can expect to see after implementing OKRs:
- Align Your Company: align everyone’s work at your company to the top objectives.
- Create Clarity & Focus: everyone knows their few clearly defined goals and the entire company focuses on the few things that matter most.
- Connect Employees to Your Mission: connect your employees’ work to your company’s mission – this impacts your employees’ performance and your company’s results.
- Improve Internal Continuous Learnings: OKRs offer your company faster learning and improvement that drive better results.
- Create Transparency & Accountability: OKRs bring transparency to your company and everyone can see what others are working on and this drives more collaboration and better performances.
- Accelerate Results: as a result of clarity, focus, alignment, connection and improved continuous learning, your company will accelerate performance and driver better results.
When you’re ready to become one of the many successful companies using this powerful goal methodology to accelerate your results through improved clarity, focus, and alignment, feel free to check out our guide on how to use OKR goals.
Do you manage a company or teams (either as a CEO, a senior executive, a middle manager or even a front-line manager)? Do you set and track objectives? Does aligning employee performance to business goals matter, and are you responsible for driving results? If so, please check out a live demo of Atiim OKR & Goals Management Software and we’d love to hear what you think about it. Thank you!